Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Garth Newydd. 11 July Aberaeron Again

 Today, we went back to Aberaeron where we met up with the Welsh speaking group I have met before. It was so good. I’m so surprised at my improving ability to chat, understanding and speaking more. I talked with the artist, Philip, again, and a few other people who remembered me.

 There’s a new lady here now, Mary,  and for once, she’s not quite as  “advanced” in Welsh as me. In fact, I was translating some Welsh for her. Mind you, it was pretty simply slowly spoken Welsh. 

When we came home, Mary and I toddled up the street to look in the shops and now we’re doing our own stuff in our rooms - our brains need a rest. Cetra is coming and also a lady I know from the Gardening Zoom Chat  I’m really looking forward to seeing Jenny Fell. After dinner I’m going to play my recorder and Stuart, our present leader/ teacher is going to play guitar and sing  for some community singing. He used to be a professional pianist and sings well.  


No comments:

Post a Comment