Monday, June 26, 2023

Last Day in Lampeter - For Now - An Interesting Fair.




This afernoon, we took part in a 'Language" fair. Kaye was able to come with us to an old village pub, where my teachers were helping to present this event. Kaye and I had envisioned a big sort of affair, but it was very small. The main part of the fair was a talk (in Welsh of course) by "Adam yn yr Ardd". Adam can be found on YTube teaching Welsh and gardening. He also has written some books.While the adults listened to the speaker, the children did craft activities or played in the Jumping Castle. It was lovely to be among these village people who were friendly Welsh speakers.One photo is of the people from 'Say Something in Welsh" (my Welsh school) and the other is me getting a "high five" from Adam yn yr Ardd, for coming so far to speak Welsh

I’m even named on his Twitter page  

https://twitter.com/adamynyrardd?lang=en




After this, Kaye and I enjoyed dinner at the Black Lion Hotel, where Kaye has been staying.

No comments:

Post a Comment