Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Peace March

Today we joined a Peace March. From what we were told and from the few words I understood, we were protesting against Prime Minister Abe's wish to change the Constitution Article 9, (surrender of arms - no more war) as well as the use of nuclear weapons and a proposed change allowing the arresting of people on suspicion.  I heard Trump's name mentioned numerous times. 
Mik and I are carrying balloons and I have a red hat

We walked for an hour and ended up with an Italian lunch. 
Last for the day was Shopping  at the "100 yen" shop, an op shop and a special shop which only sells dolls, scrolls and Japanese ornaments for special occasions. Wow, this was a treat for our eyes. I bought something small and beautiful which we will collect on Friday after my name has been written on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment