I like it that:
- The views of the mountains and valleys are unbelievably beautiful.
- Toshiko and I can talk so honestly about things like our view of life, Shinto/Buddhist philosophy, healthy minds and bodies and relationships.
- The Shinto and Buddhist practices intermingle and respect each other. Keisuke told me that Shinto respects and reveres all life and is akin to the environmental or sustainability of the natural world. I am going to read more about this.
- These days I can go into an Onsen or hot spring bath without feeling self-conscious.
- In a hot tub, in spite of the nakedness of all the women, I can almost join in the friendly and warm conversation in Japanese. They are very forgiving of my attempts to find the right words.
- Kiyoshi and Toshiko have a wonderful sense of humour and we do so much laughing.
- So much of the food comes straight from the forest or the garden.
Later......
Keith has suggested that another reason I am happy is that I wake up without thinking about "what I must do today". So right. Thank you, Toshiko for a truly wonderful holiday. And thank you, Keisuke for organising our accommodation and being our attentive and knowledgeable guide for three days.
No comments:
Post a Comment