Thursday, June 14, 2018

Akiko’s New House and Goodbye Dinner

Akiko and Katsu’s new home will be ready in September. I got to see it this evening and even saw my bedroom (actually I will share it with other guests when I’m not there). It is large, includes a traditional tea ceremony room and a mezzanine floor that I hope the boys won’t fall off, a view of rice fields at the front and a beautiful garden on one side. While I was looking, Ken-shin found a little frog and a tiny snail, which he took with him -not sure where they got to.












Then we went to a special traditional Japanese restaurant for a special dinner. Akiko and Katsu made speeches and I responded. Not sure who was most grateful but I think we have all enjoyed the last few days together. 
This lovely young family have spoilt me rotten (Japanese friends, that doesn’t really mean “rotten.”) They have warmed my heart. 







No comments:

Post a Comment