Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Kyoto 

It is late and we are both exhausted, just a short blog tonight. We went by train to Kyoto and first up, went to my favourite place. It nearly makes me cry every time. Here is the Golden Pavilion.


Then we went to the Silver Pavilion. This was new for me and again I was transported. Two aspects inspire me, amaze me - the perfect view from every door - unbelievable, perfectly designed gardens. and the view of the outer garden, or natural forest. At this time of the year the colours are so vivid.
I don't apologise for my ravings. Really, it is all very moving. You are not allowed to take photos inside, so I have included one from the brochure.


We finished the day with a stroll along the old Kyoto food market street, looking at the Japanese food that is unusual for us, and then had a meal in a tiny restaurant.
Then home to Nara by train and a farewell to Keisuke. He has gently guided us to places we could never have managed on our own, to places that thrilled us. He patiently waited while we girls stopped at girly little shops. He made sure I didn't have to eat sashimi (raw fish) or wasabi or anything else that might blow my head off. It is hard to repay him for his kindness.
Tomorrow we are off to Hiroshima.

No comments:

Post a Comment