Going for a Walk
Going for a walk is such a "to-do". Our apartment is is on the 6th floor of one of the many apartment blocks within a tropical park so every walk begins with application of mosquito repellant and sunscreen. Al and her friends take the children to visit apartments that have interesting entrances. There is one that has two cages - one has a big fluffy rabbit in it and the other has a big fluffy cat. Another apartment has a fish pond with 2 big turtles among the fish. To get to these we have to do a combination of:- go up in a lift, around corners between condos blocks, up and down stairs, across a walkway - well I wouldn't be able to take the children on my own - I would get lost. When we walk under or between trees, we walk fast so the mossies don't get us. I have to say that it is easier to go for a walk at Upper Gundowring although we do have nasty summer flies.
Food
At home, we go easy on the vegetables and fruit - it has to last until the next trip to town. Here we must eat everything as fast as we can - before it goes bad. Bananas last a couple of days until they end up in smoothies.
Mould
I haven't had any trouble with mould, but Al has had constant trouble with mould on leather, especially shoes, and wooden utensils like a wooden spoon.
I don't have any photos on this subject of living n the tropics - I couldn't help doing the comparisons.
Your flies are much much worse.
ReplyDeleteBut they don't bite, itch and give you nasty diseases.
ReplyDelete