Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Last MPO Concert for Me.

Last night, I went to my last MPO concert. The next 3 weeks will be full of "lasts" as we count down the days to our flight to Australia.               Last night's concert was, as usual, a great experience for me (concert-starved). I heard Brahms' 1st Symphony which I have never heard before - I really enjoyed the rich sound and melodies and I think I will get myself a recording. The other item was Beethoven's Violin Concerto in D (Op.61) with a Dutch violinist, who played the weirdest cadenza that had some timpani accompaniment played by the popular Paul Philbert. Very fancy violin playing but to my conservative ear, it just did not fit.                                                     
 Then this morning we had our monkey trip. The monkeys gave us a good show, but when they crowded round making "very hungry" noises we got back into the car. They can be very cheeky and we didn't fancy them jumping up on us or our car.
After the monkeys we went to the bakery, where Al's little family is well known so we were welcomed, and after breakfast, the lovely Malay lady said they would miss them very much.




No comments:

Post a Comment