Sunday, June 24, 2012

Ah - an MPO Concert - Yahoo!

Just in case anybody thinks that I am only playing with Lucy and Molly, I need to tell you that we are making our way through a bottle of Baileys and a bottle of Spanish sherry, I had a cheap haircut ($5) and today I saw (and heard) Stephen Hough and the Malaysian Philharmonic play "Rach 3" (Rachmaninov's 3rd piano concerto).
It was something to die for. My seat was not too good (the best Al could do last week), so after having a search round the theatre, I moved at interval to a seat almost at Stephen Hough's feet - couldn't see his magic fingers but I could see his face and arms. We even got an encore.

The other item on the programme was "Scheherezade". It is so exciting to hear the MPO play - they are so enthusiastic, and the violin solo in Scherezade was exquisite. it is amazing that in spite of the administrative and politcal problems behind the scenes, the MPO still manages to sound great.

No comments:

Post a Comment