Monday, July 20, 2020

Ipswich

Before I knew we were moving from Bathurst to Ipswich in 1990, I had no idea where it was, so I forgive you if you don’t know. 
It is about 40 minutes west of Brisbane, on the Bremer River which joins the Brisbane River just east of Ipswich. (We used to live between the two meandering rivers. 
Ipswich has a rich history, almost becoming the capital of Qld. The remains of some of the old ports show how big boats carried farm produce and coal to the coast. 
There are a mixture of beautifully renovated old “Queenslander” houses and cheap and dare I say “nasty” houses , perhaps built in the 1950-1980’s. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1TNm43mbtlcNEcrdlZH891uvEv1M8O3z_https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1VKoe7hWFmnTpaIXyeUChE751D_LHUH42https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1a3RTYxXavmCPyz1IjnfjahU0Bb4LQZ1N
The parks here are well designed and beautiful. I’ve just been for a walk to Queens Park. https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1GlZjK8fv_NMh1cLGDAPS0viSM9quk3HX
As usual “in these trying times”, I had to give other walkers plenty of space, as though they or I had smallpox. 

No comments:

Post a Comment