Monday, November 18, 2019

Talk with Physician

This afternoon I was there when Keith’s “physician” paid his daily visit. He is a friendly man and earlier I asked him what exactly a physician is. He replied that he didn’t do surgery or a lot of other things. I asked what DID he did do and he replied “not much”. 
I just googled and it seems that he is a doctor who diagnoses, manages medication and has contact with patients - well, a doctor I suppose. 
So, he said it is a waiting game. We can’t plan, or have expectations. We are waiting for the antibiotics to work on the infection. We are waiting for Keith to get mobile and be able to put his full wait on his leg. So far he only puts 10% on his leg. We are hoping that the overload of antibiotics does not affect his liver - they took blood today to check that. 
It’s hard for or me to wait patiently but Keith is pretty good at “not planning” so he seems pretty content. 
Thanks to all the lovely people who have visited Keith - he really enjoys seeing friends. The hospital doesn’t seem to mind visitors at any time, in spite of the Rest Time 1-3pm. 
I have been advised not to go every day, so in general, I will stay at home on Tuesdays and a Thursdays, and possibly one other day. I must say that on the night before my home day, I feel a great feeling of relief - time to catch up. I can see that I’m getting weary. 
This week I have lovely Brigid with me and that is so good. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the update, Wyverne. The waiting must be so hard for you both.
    Lots of love
    Irene xxx

    ReplyDelete