Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Grandchildren and Lone Pine “Zoo”.

This morning Dave brought his girls Leah and Franka to visit. 
Here are all except Lucy after they had painted their faces. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1T_9PXBRTJDgzNtfSQDm6oWumuYIVVlgn
After lunch, Al and I took the Molly and Emma to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. It’s more than a Koala sanctuary- it’s quite a beautiful natural zoo, and we all enjoyed it immensely. I am now the proud owner of a season ticket. I can go often, like the family does. The children know some of the animals by name. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=17A57WJaNRlofwM42BWVkAl7QlnI472At
There are little lizard things everywhere and they don’t seem at all by the humans. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1kJwaV_tN7vY_p_yPUoL8rxeFB8SgY_JS
One of the cuddly looking sleeping koalas. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=15sWAatPR1ZK7vjq46RLWbdPlcHHk7qFF
Emma and Molly pretending to be wombats. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1L0vd3iKFGaRjVb0qtEPq0yRswwffPoo6https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1WAfFwQuw67aUzDSWmwNvCKsukuJyY6TS
Last but not least, patting the friendly kangaroos. I questioned the attendant about the safety of the children but was assured that most of the kangaroos in this paddock were females and that any that any that had shown any signs of aggression were in another paddock. Also, these kangaroos had been bred here and were accustomed to being handled by humans. 
It was a lovely way to spend the afternoon after the shock of the accident. 

No comments:

Post a Comment