I can handle ordering my groceries online once a week, but when I just need something little in the garden and I can't go to Bunnings, I get very frustrated.
But, my good friend Di came to my rescue.
Di lives over the other side of the river and has often taken my grandchildren on truck rides through her paddocks, to do "jobs" like moving cattle from one paddock to another. Nothing is more fun than sitting in the back of a truck as it bumps along past cows - well, for my city slicker grandchildren, it's a real experience.
Di is a good listener, a sympathetic ear to my woes, fun to be with, and a lady who is able to fix things. Well, I just love her. I borrowed a couple of photos from her Facebook page - here she is, Farmer Gran.
So, back to my garden problem. I needed some cup hooks to do some work on my wicking bed stand. Sure enough, Di had a box in her shed. But, we are not allowed to go out except for essential needs such as toilet paper and food, so I had to be very daring. Di put them in her mail box on the roadside and I drove over ( 8kms I think), collected them and drove home. I didn't pass a car at all. We only have one policeman here and I didn't see him either. There are big fines for people who are out and about on non-essential business, but my cup hooks were essential - weren't they?
It is so weird, the seemingly emptiness of the world. It reminded me of a feeling I have often had when driving along a road and not seeing any traffic, and wondering whether everybody else was dead, and somehow I had survived some terrible thing. It is a terrible thing that is happening with this COVID 19, but my little part of the world has not suffered yet. The people, of course, are all at home, or in their paddocks and sheds.


No comments:
Post a Comment