Sunday, February 26, 2012

"That's my daughter up there!"

"That's my daughter up there, the cellist with the red hair." As I sat in the ornate KL concert hall last night, I wondered if every mother of the performers feels so proud. Actually, I was probablly the only mother attending as the Malaysian Philharmonic members come from almost every corner of the world. It is not the first time I have attended concerts here, but every time, my heart swells with pride. The concert programme was "Great Baritone Arias" so the music was superb and the soloist was a young (and I might add, gorgeous) Canadian - only 23, with the most amazing voice. His name is Philippe Sly. The encore was the famous Toreador song from Carmen and the packed  hall went mad with delight. I just couldn't help smiling.
We are off to Bali in the morning, so the next post will be after we return.

No comments:

Post a Comment