Yesterday, after a big sleep in, I walked down to the “deck” with Brigid’s friends Gabi and Steve. I was surprised to see so many older folk sitting around a a table drinking coffee etc. These people had been in this unique environment for a very long time and were all Hubert unique and interesting. There also younger people and children. After our drink Brigid joined Gabi and me on a walk around the area. We walked past some failed project gardens. I was told that people come here, start new ventures and that some of these ventures fail, usually because iof lack of water, or poor soil which exists in some parts of the ridge. I also saw a falling down mud brick house. “The owner builder did not listen to advice”, I was told. It would have been a very castle like home once and I tried to imagine that young family enthusiastically building their dream home.
We stopped to “talk” to a sad little kangaroo who didn’t move away from us”. Gabi found out from others that a dead female kangaroo had been found not far away, so this little was probably an orphan
We spent the afternoon doing our own thing quietly and then had a delicious meal, cooked by Gabi and Brigid. I enjoyed their company so much, warmed by the fire in their lovely home.
No comments:
Post a Comment