Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Take a Holiday at Holbrook.

I came to Holbrook for a few days because I can! I live in the “border bubble” and Holbrook is the most northern town within the bubble. So, Robyn has come to stay with me in a cabin here. We’re finding nice things to do. 
This morning we went for an “Ian Geddes Walk”. “This lovely, tranquil bushland walk follows the Ten Mile Creek” (Google). 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=19rD_ftSRLMzyHm4mlWRNtnJ8sxFBuZpE

After a morning coffee, we checked out the local shops, including the op shop, and lunched at the pub. Walking down the main street is very picturesque - the flowers are beautiful at this time of the year. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1npKzn-sm6msdI6n8vD1jqBSUrSBZ63xLhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=14gTGJaJ7_GKebfovO6PrYIESq_mRpp39
Finally, we spent a long time at the Wool Pack Inn Museum. 
I really fancied a 1920’s dress, but it was hard to photograph. There were 22 rooms of exhibits and a yard full. I’m sharing a few interesting ones. 
An ice chest like we had once. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1Q9MzEsOOFefYeXA22fEAAAecREffg0H6
A carriage. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1-zBBac73RRMY2uZL-nSfjbytXjHSlYdm
Wooden wheels
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1cmfxVE-39MxE-teyvqvta2dMNSkNgmfM
Rabbiter’s hut. 
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1xAc32oGhPniDYPRwAsJvg5hwUV8-2MEV
Apparently during a rabbit plague, ranbiters were paid to go around the farms killing rabbits. They lived in this type of mobile “tin home”. 

1 comment:

  1. Just caught up on you blog Wyverne. Glad you enjoyed time with Robyn in Holbrook and the other outings. The chickens are so cute - they must be quite big by now.

    ReplyDelete