It is extremely eerie light here and it feels very strange. One little hen didn’t survive and neighbour Judy has already buried her for me. The garden has miraculously survived. All that deep watering and mulching paid off.
A lovely friend who lives about 20 kms down the road arrived with hot coffee from her home and we sat and talked for an hour. So now I unpack and get myself organised. My car is still packed and ready to go if necessary. Hoses are all lined up facing the house and buckets of water strategically placed. Nothing else I can do to protect the house.
The Abeyard Fire is the one to watch, I’m told but it is far away enough to be given a safe warning if the wind changes.
So on with life.
Hello Wyverne
ReplyDeleteWe're so pleased that you're safe and well and that everything (apart from the poor little hen) has survived.
Thinking of you and sending lots of love
Jim & Irene xxxx