Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Recorder Weekend at Myrniong, Victoria

View from our bedroom.
Rob and I spent the long weekend at our annual Victorian recorder gathering. My friend Penny, from my Brisbane recorder group flew especially from New Zealand for it. How lovely for us.



View from the main auditorium.

L-R: Penny, Ulrike Volkhardt, Wyverne and Robyn
The special guest tutor this year was Ulrike Volkhardt from Germany. I have put the link here for anybody who wants to know about her fantastic mediaeval music research and performance. And how lucky were we to have her.









My tutor, Kamala Bain, from New Zealand (on the right)

There were several good tutors but I want to make special mention of my tutor, Kamala Bain. What a joy she is! Superb recorder player, but also such a joyous, positive teacher with an infectious laugh. I found this photo on the web.

Below is a photo of the tutors' concert.

As usual, a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment