Aunty June, also my godmother, turned 90 on May 31 and on Sunday I attended her High Tea at Gordon (Sydney). June is quite remarkable for her age. She had no trouble hopping from one table to another during the afternoon, making us all feel welcome. She made a great speech with no notes. I stayed the night with June and on Monday morning, on her way to her Bridge Club for more celebrations, she drove me to the station.
The first photo shows me with Jackie and Greig Cohen. Jackie was Alison's piano teacher in Bathurst and by coincidence lives in the same condo as Aunty June. I sat at their table. The second photo has Aunty June between Jackie and me.
The party was held at the home of June's nephew Phillip Dwyer. His daughter Sally was responsible for most of the artistic arrangements. The room was decorated with beautiful flowers, photos and balloons, mostly pink, June's favourite colour. Even the fine bone cups and saucers were mainly pink. These little cakes were begging to have their photo taken.
The last photo is the best I had of Phillip and two of his children, Timothy and Sally (behind the camera).
It is amazing that June is still so active (Flower Decorating Club, Golf Club, Bridge Club and in the Retirement village social activities, of which she was, until fairly recently, the secretary). Consequently she has many friends. She said it was a pity all the cards had big 90's on them. Now everybody would know.
No comments:
Post a Comment