Saturday, October 20, 2012

Spring is Come.

The spring has sprung the grass has riz
I wonders where the birdies iz
The birds are on the wing I heard
Should not the wings be on the bird

I always get a thrill when spring comes to our area and particularly to our own garden, so here are a few photos. The daffodils came first, but I didn't get a photo. The magnolia came next and was so beautiful. The photo of the Double Delight rose is my first rose, open today. The yellow climbing roses are just coming out.
 
 
 
 
 
 
The problem with spring is the grass that is "rizzing", and there is the occasional snake. I stepped out with the washing this morning and got a shock when my step was about 30cms away from a big black snake. I am not sure who got the biggest shock. Keith saw me jump and scream and was more worried that I was going to break a bone. Anyway, 'he" has gone under the verandah to catch rodents and other such other things. I will just have to be more careful tomorrow. Needless to say, I did not get photo.
 
 
 
 
 





                                                             
                                                        













 
 







 

2 comments:

  1. Spring down your way looks pretty gorgeous, wonderful flowers and colours...black snakes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can almost smell that Double Delight Wyverne! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete