Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Back in Brisbane

I have been slow to finish my story - getting back home brought chores into my life again. So, we survived the flight and arrived in Brisbane safely. The first week was very exciting - reunion of siblings and cousins at Dave and Bek's house. Here are a few "at home" photos.  Lucy and Molly were thrilled with having an Australian "back yard" and Leah was thrilled with having Lucy to play with. Molly, as usual is just thrilled to be alive.

















 One day, I saw Lucy lying on the grass and she called to us "Hey guys, I found the moon". What bliss!










The girls liked to sit and watch a DVD in the evening, before bed. It was so lovely to see them enjoying being cousins.

 
 






 
We spent a lot of time at Brisbane parks. Molly is in a great baby swing.
















The top group photo on the right is at Moorooka. The next is at Orleigh Park on the Brisbane River. The photo of Lucy and Molly on the slide is at West End. The slide is the tongue that comes out of a big green frog.








After my 10 days in Brisbane, we spent time at Toowoomba, the Gold Coast, Yamba, Armidale, Mt Riverview (lower Blue Mountains), Wollongong and Canberra. We were enjoying ourselves so much that I forgot to take photos but here are a couple. One is at the Gold Coast with Jim and Irene Sachs, looking at a memorial to those lost at sea on the Centaur (World War 2) and the other is the view from our luxurious cabin at Yamba, where we had neighbouring cabins with Shirley and Norm Holt. For the rest of the trip, I will have to tell you about it.

At Toowoomba, we had some great conversations with lovely people from our Queensland days. At Armidale, I bought a new recorder after spending the best part of 2 days deciding which one to buy. I am thrilled to bits with my choice. For those who are interested, you can see what I chose at http://www.orpheusmusic.com.au/recorders-instruments/5652-a-morgan-edition-treble-zapatero-boxwood-stained.html

 Grant and Jan Medaris hosted us at Mt Riverview, and at Wollongong, we spent time with my sister Robyn, Allan and my Mum. At Canberra, we enjoyed lovely Brigid, and Karl's family (they are lovely too). Then after being away from home since June 9 (for me), we arrived home on August 18. It was great to be home although it has taken a few weeks for me to catch up with inside tasks and I am still battling with the garden to get it ready for spring.

The next exciting thing for me is in October - Victorian recorder weekend - roll it on!




















 

No comments:

Post a Comment